Nothing gives away your age like your eyes. When they’re wide open and free of crows feet and wrinkles, you have a vibrant, youthful appearance regardless of how old you are. But when your eyelids are droopy, it can make you look and feel older than your years.
That’s why eyelid surgery (also called an eyelift or blepharoplasty) is one of the most common facial surgeries performed in the U.S. When performed properly, the results can be stunning. You look like you did 10, 20, maybe 30 years ago – and you feel great about yourself knowing others see you at your best.
Open Your Eyes to a Whole New You
Perhaps you know someone who looks years younger after a single eyelid rejuvenation procedure. In general, eyelifts involve removing sagging skin from under the eyes, as well as removing excess skin from the upper eyelids. It’s a delicate area, so it requires the finesse of a specially trained and accomplished surgeon. Depending on your specific needs, there are a variety of eyelifts:
- Upper Blepharoplasty – involves surgery on the upper eyelid only.
- Lower Transcutaneous Blepharoplasty –focuses on the area beneath the eyes and is performed through an incision just under the lower lashes.
- Lower Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty –involves surgery on the area beneath the eyes, but through an incision from inside the eyelid. The benefit of this type of eyelift is that it leaves no external scarring.
- Brow (Forehead) Lift — or browplasty – starts with an incision at the top of the forehead, just beneath the hairline, and involves pulling the skin upward to raise the eyebrows.
- Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty – is considered a traditional eyelift procedure because it tightens up the skin above and beneath the eyes.
- Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty + Browlift – a popular combination – takes sagging skin above and below the eyes is surgically restored, while a forehead lift raises the position of the eyebrows for a more attractive appearance and to diminish traces of horizontal wrinkles on the forehead.
Each of these procedures has its benefits but combining some of them often yields the most rejuvenation to the eyes. However, every situation is different, and you’ll want to discuss which procedures may be most appropriate for you with the doctor.
Besides providing you with a more youthful and alert appearance, an eyelift can improve your eyesight by correcting an upper eyelid that is interfering with your vision. There are many types of eyelid procedures we offer at our New York City and Long Island MAXiM locations, to include those listed above. Why live with droopy eyelids? Call MAXiM Facial Aesthetics today to get more information about one of our most popular procedures – eyelid surgery. Schedule your complimentary consultation by calling us at (646) 475-2099 or using our convenient online appointment request form. We look forward to seeing you at our New York City or Long Island location.